Friday, June 25, 2010

Strawberry Almond Tart - June 25, 2010


Strawberry Almond Tart with Tarragon Glaze

Are you sick of strawberries yet? We're still enjoying them very much, as evidenced by this week's dessert. I made a whole wheat pastry crust and baked it in the tart pan. Next, when cooled, I spread some rustic, home-made marzipan (almonds and honey pureed to a paste) in the bottom. This was an effort to prevent crust sogginess...one of my all time pet peeves. The sliced strawberries went on next. And to finish off I mixed some of my preserved strawberry sauce (a.k.a. jam that failed to set) with some fresh tarragon and drizzled over top. Yum is an understatement. Some of you may be aware that I am not a pie person due to the aforementioned aversion to soggy crusts and a general dislike of baked fruit. Both problems were solved with this delightful treat. Happy weekend to all.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

j.j. said...

Wow! Looks great! Also glad to hear the 'jam' has happily found a good place to jam!~ Good weekend to you too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails