Monday, June 07, 2010

Grilled Garlic Scape and Asparagus Pizza - June 7, 2010


Grilled Garlic Scape and Asparagus Pizza with Grilled Cedar Sheep's Milk Cheese

It's been awhile since we've done pizza, but the stars aligned last Friday and we feasted on this delightful rendition. This crust happens to be from my first batch of 100% whole wheat pizza dough. I purchased some locally milled flour from Sunrise Flour Mill at the Mill City Farmers' Market (very appropriate, no?) two weeks ago. Because of the whole wheat (lack of vital wheat gluten?) the dough is not elastic at all and requires a more delicate touch when rolling out than my normal recipe. I worked out the kinks on a quick pizza for Natalie and Jamie a couple weeks back. It's too bad they had to be my guinea pigs, but when you've spent the day loading all your earthly possessions into a Pod in 95 degree heat, you aren't too picky about what you get fed for dinner. Anyway, this time around I was prepared and got the dough rolled out and onto the pizza stone on the first try. We topped it with caramelized onions, grilled asparagus and garlic scapes from our CSA box, fresh herbs from the back yard, and some of my favorite Love Tree grilled cedar sheep's milk cheese. Yum!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails