Thursday, July 30, 2009

Working with Yogurt - July 29, 2009


Curried Chicken Salad with Almonds and Grapes


Plain Frozen Yogurt

I know I've extolled the virtues of yogurt in previous posts, but I'm really digging this making my own yogurt thing. Yesterday was a bit yogurt heavy. First, I made yogurt. Then, half I put in the fridge to be used for smoothies and salad dressings and the like. The other half I placed in a cheesecloth lined sieve and let the whey drain off for a thicker consistency. After about 2 hours, I added sugar and froze it in my ice cream attachment. All I can say is, Oh Yum! I might be done with ice cream for awhile and do yogurt instead (JJ, you were right!). Nick whipped up the chicken salad for dinner using some of the unfrozen, unsweetened yogurt. Also tasty.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails