Thursday, July 09, 2009

The Proverbial Bowl - July 8, 2009


Meteor Cherries

Last night Nick got home from work late and I had been out of town all day, so dinner was just a hodge-podge of leftovers. Rather than bore you with the details of that, I thought I would put up a picture of our very first cherry harvest of the season. Nick's parents got us this Meteor Cherry Tree for our yard a few years back as an anniversary gift and we've had one good harvest, and one not so good. I think we only had 2 cherries last year. So, I'm pleased to say that this year it's (relatively) loaded and the fruit is almost all ripe and ready to pick.



The cherries are quite sour, but great for baking. I made some yummy cherry turnovers 2 years ago. I'm not sure what we'll do with these beauties yet. Time for me to start looking up sour cherry recipes!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails