Friday, July 10, 2009

Salmon and Cabbage - July 9, 2009


Grilled Salmon over Cabbage and Fennel Salad with Lemon Fennel Butter

None of my pictures turned out last night due to poor lighting, but this was the least bad of the bunch (even though it's a little out of focus). Oh well, you get the idea. This cabbage salad is another recipe from Deborah Madison's 'Local Flavors,' only we substituted fennel fronds for parsley in the lemon butter. It was nice and tangy and a nice accompaniment to the grilled fish, but all-in-all I must say that I've been happier with the recipes in 'From Asparagus to Zucchini' and from the CSA. I guess it says it all that I used the word 'nice' twice in the last sentence. Last night's dinner was 'nice.' Maybe I should have used parsley like Deborah said and that would have made all the difference.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails