Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Latest Smoothie - July 22, 2009


Fresh Raspberries and Mint


Raspberry-Mint Smoothie

Awhile back I posted about my obsession with mint-green tea smoothies, so I thought I'd should update you with my current concoction. My raspberry shrubs have started churning out beautiful and delicious ripe berries. I get about a handful per day. I think perhaps I should be freezing them until I get enough to make jam, but I have absolutely no will power and they end up right in my smoothie (sometimes I can hold myself back long enough to let Nick have some on his oatmeal in the morning...sometimes). My recipe is pretty much the same minus the green tea, plus the raspberries: 1/2 -3/4 cup plain whole milk yogurt (I use home-made), a handful of raspberries, 4 or 5 sprigs of fresh mint, 1 banana (I freeze mine in slices), a couple of ice cubes, and 1/4-1/2 cup each of vanilla almond milk and horchata (cinnamon spiced rice milk). Mmmm...yummy!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails