Thursday, July 16, 2009

Chard Frittata - July 15, 2009


Chard and Black Bean Frittata

I bought a big bunch of rainbow chard at the co-op the other day because we were out of CSA veggies (we get more today and chard is on the list!). As I was looking around for inspiration, I noticed a lot of recipes combined chard with black eyed peas. I am totally down with BEP's but we didn't have any, so I thought black beans would work just as well. I decided to make a frittata, or as the Spanish call it, a tortilla, and top it with the fresh tomatoes and avocado I had also purchased at the co-op. We modified this recipe, obviously to include black beans, but also I added about 3 times as much chard as it called for. It wilted down nicely and was a great use for the chard, and would work with any other bitter greens as well.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails