Friday, July 24, 2009

Thai Chicken Slaw - July 23, 2009


Thai Chicken Slaw

This dinner was 'crazy tasty' according to Nick. By which he meant not that it tasted crazy, but that it was highly flavorful. I concur. I found the recipe here, via the Kitchn. Instead of bagged coleslaw, I chopped up some of our cabbage and carrots from the CSA box. I had to make one substitution. Since we didn't have any peanuts in the house, I used roasted and salted sunflower seeds, which worked just fine. Oh, and those 6 or 8 chopped mint leaves added the perfect cool balance to the astringent vinegar and bit of heat from the jalapeno.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

j.j. said...

Love the 8 or so posts I have just caught up on! Looks like a lot of cool concocting going on in the Minnesorum kitchen. We too tried the Fish Tacos A Good Appetite had posted and yes, they were fantastic!!!! Thanks for passing that site along. take care, jj

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails