Thursday, April 01, 2010

Roasted Mushrooms and Shallots over Polenta - March 31, 2010


Roasted Criminis and Shallots over Creamy Chive Polenta

Last night I made a riff on recipes found in April's Food & Wine magazine. Both were listed as sides for an Italian-style steak meal, but I thought they sounded good combined as a main. Of note...those chives were cut from our yard. I am so excited to start grabbing fresh herbs from the yard whenever I want! The polenta recipe I followed to the note, with the exception of using regular polenta instead of instant. Changes to the mushroom recipe include substituting shallots for the red onion, criminis for shitakes, and omitting the gorgonzola all due to pantry limitations. I added a dusting of Pecorino cheese at the end, which didn't totally make up for the missing gorgonzola, but it helped.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails