Friday, April 23, 2010

Dandelion Jelly - April 23, 2010


Work in Progress...

Happy Friday everyone. I had intended to have a complete treat for you today, but I failed to read the step in the recipe that says 'refrigerate overnight.' Regardless, I thought I'd show you what I'm cooking up. I found a recipe for dandelion jelly a few weeks ago from an amazingly lovely blog called 'Yummy Supper.' I have been at war (the organic kind...no poisonous chemicals were utilized) with my dandelions the past several years, but this idea made me change my tune. Perhaps it was time to make jelly, not war. That said, I collected at least 365 dandelions from the front yard today, thoroughly cleaned them, and boiled them with water and Meyer lemon juice. I am not kidding you when I say it looks like a bowl of sunshine. This concoction is currently sitting in my refrigerator, just chilling. Tomorrow I plan to add the sugar and pectin and get this jelly where it belongs...on my toast. I'll post pictures of the finished product either this weekend or Monday.

Thanks so much to Yummy Supper for posting such a fun recipe!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Fay Campbell said...

You will of course send me detailed instructions that I can jump off from. I don't have many dandilions. The leaves, when young, are great on salad, too you know. If they were hard to grow, we'd all be lined up to pay lots of moolah for the dear things. I will do this.

erin scott said...

Thanks so much for the really kind words. I hope you enjoy your dandelion preserves. Isn't it great to befriend your weeds?

Jess said...

Thanks E! Your blog is a great source of inspiration. My second batch worked...the powdered pectin makes all the difference.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails