Monday, April 26, 2010

Dandelion Jelly Update - April 25, 2010


Epic Fail

Dandelions are proving to be more cunning than initially thought. My jelly project turned out to be a complete failure, with none of the jars even coming close to setting. Sadly, the jelly-that-never-was needed to be poured down the sink.

This is where my stubbornness comes into play. I have identified the problem as using the wrong variety of pectin. When I cross checked additional recipes, I found that they all called for powdered pectin, while I used liquid. Luckily, my yard has produced another fresh batch of dandelion flowers and I am in the process of starting over using this recipe. The weeds may have won this battle, but I have every intention of winning the war.

Lessons learned: always double check the type of pectin; never post before a project is successfully completed; and never trust a dandelion.

Stay tuned.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Fay's Too said...

How could such a joyfully beautiful bowl of sunshine be a failure. It just didn't become jelly. Lessons learned. One of which I hope is that beauty isn't necessarily long lasting, expected, or on time.
This from one who has a freezer full of acorns!

Jess said...

Thanks Fay! I have completed a second batch with some tweaks and I think this one will set. I'll let you know soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails