Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Chipotle Chickpeas and Kale - April 13, 2010


Chipotle Chickpeas and Kale with Manchego Cheese

Last night's dinner was made up on the fly. Chickpeas (pre-cooked and frozen), kale, and onions were sauteed with chipotle chilies, tomato paste, cumin, smoked Spanish paprika and a splash of red wine for good measure. I topped the bowls with shaved manchego to help take the edge off of the heat from the chipotles. It was good, but not very exciting, despite the chilies. The problem, Dinner Clubbers, is that I am quickly growing bored with our winter staples of beans and kale. I am anxious for the Mid-West to catch up, produce-wise, with the rest of the country. In three weeks (and don't think for a minute that I'm not counting the days!) we get our first CSA delivery of the season and I can't wait to inject a little freshness into our diet. I am dreaming of bowls of delicate spring greens and pickled ramps. Until then, we will continue to do the best we can with our winter pantry.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails