Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Weekend Treats - April 3-4, 2010


Weekend Treats

I am playing catch-up today as I've been a bit out of my routine the last few days. Forgive my absence yesterday. I hope everyone had a great weekend, and holiday, if you celebrate that sort of thing. I thought I'd post a couple treats we enjoyed at our house this weekend. The first is 2010's inaugural batch of homemade 'Magic Coffee.' With temperatures soaring into the 80's in Minneapolis last week, my craving for this icy treat was ignited. It was so good, especially with crushed ice. Next up is a pastry I made for brunch. I learned the puff pastry braiding technique here and decided to fill it with marzipan and poppy seed filling in amounts that I just guessed at. It turned out really well, and was eaten too fast for me to snap a picture of the finished product. It's a great technique to have in your repertoire and it could be filled with any sweet or savory concoction under the sun.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

j.j. said...

Cute thermos! Yay for Magic Coffee. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails