Thursday, April 29, 2010

Omelette Burritos - April 27, 2010


Sauteed Mushroom, Onion, Tomato and Spinach Burrito with Chihuahua Cheese

As I was making these the other night, I realized the ingredients were more traditional in an omelette than a burrito, but what's good for the goose is good in a tortilla (or something like that), right? And these were super yummy. I used olive oil in the pan and started the onions first, adding the mushrooms next, followed by the spinach and at last the tomatoes (we have a can open in the fridge that I'm trying to use up), sauteeing for about 3 minutes after each addition. Right in the middle of this process I also tossed in the last sad bit of left over proseco from our Easter mimosas. I though it would be a good use for it. I seasoned with oregano, salt, pepper and some smoked Spanish paprika. We tossed this mix onto some flour tortillas and topped with some Chihuahau cheese that I had grabbed at the co-op a few days ago. Did I say that this was yummy? This is my kind of comfort food.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails