Thursday, April 15, 2010

Egg and Mushrooms on Toast - April 14, 2010


Sherried Mushrooms with Poached Egg on Whole Wheat Sourdough

I'm certain I've posted this exact same meal before. As I mentioned, things have become a little boring around here in the kitchen. I made a fresh loaf of whole wheat sourdough yesterday and I don't like to waste an opportunity to use it the same day. So, this was last night's meal, incorporating the bread. A couple of things that excited me included some manchego cheese thrown on the toast prior to the mushrooms and eggs, and, perhaps the most exciting of all...fresh backyard thyme thrown in for seasoning. A visit to the co-op tomorrow might provide me with some fresh inspiration in the form of new produce.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails