Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Flank Steak Burritos - Aug 5, 2011




As promised, here is our second meal utilizing that flank steak I wrote about yesterday. We had some white rice in our fridge, leftover from a recent Chinese food delivery (I know, sometimes we're naughty, but sesame chicken is sooo good). I mixed the rice with salsa and lime juice from a sad and shrivelled partial lime that I scrounged up, it's better half having been used previously as garnish for gin and tonics, and reheated the mixture in the microwave. There you have it Dinner Clubbers, 'cheaters' Mexican rice,' almost as good as the real thing and ready in a fraction of the time. I also shredded some sharp cheddar and some Napa cabbage, cut up an avocado, and grilled some onions. All of this got piled onto flour tortillas with the reheated flank steak. The tortillas were, in turn, wrapped up and everything ended up happily in our bellies.  Even though this meal involved leftovers almost exclusively, it was still my favorite of the two flank steak meals.  I love a burrito!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails