Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Burritos - Feb 5, 2010


Chicken, Bean and Rice Burritos

We did more cooking than usual this weekend and so I am still playing catch up with my blog posts. This was Friday's somewhat involved dinner. We had another avocado that was at the 'use or lose' stage, a cooked chicken breast left over from our pommelo salad, which I shredded and seasoned, plus a big bunch of cilantro in the fridge. I cooked up some pinto beans using my favorite no-soak method and I decided to make some Mexican rice. The last time I made this it was to accompany fish tacos, but I changed things up a bit this time around. Instead of separately preparing the jalapenos, tomatoes, and onions, I simply added what I guessed to be the equivalent amount (1 cup) of our favorite Salsa Lisa salsa, which was already full of those things, and let the rice cook as directed. As one might expect, it was quite flavorful and about half the work of the original recipe. I chopped up a bit of cabbage for some crunch and loaded everything, plus cheese, up into a large tortilla. For the finishing touch, I wrapped the burrito in aluminum foil and let it warm up in a 350 deg oven for about 15 min, just so everything would be uniformly warm.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

j.j. said...

yum, yum...this is my very favorite food in the world. so authentic looking. reminds me of, um, oh my gosh, I have spaced the name!! you know the one I am talking about though, right??!?! :) encinitas '09!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails