Monday, February 15, 2010

St. Valentine's Dinner - Feb 14, 2010


Braised Chocolate Rosemary Short Ribs with Parmesan Mashed Potatoes and Roasted Broccoli

For Valentine's Day, Nick and I made a 'fancy' dinner at home. We started with a stop at our favorite local butcher shop, Clancey's, to pick up the ribs. We chose this recipe because it sounded holiday appropriate and had good reviews. I decided on the sides based on what we had in the pantry. I didn't have a recipe for either...I just made it up as I went along. A very tasty dinner indeed, but despite our best efforts, Nick and I have trouble getting the beef short ribs to that fall off the bone stage that is so often described. I believe we will stick with pork ribs at home from now on and leave the beef to the pros.


Bubbly

Here's hoping you and yours had a delicious Valentine's day.

Cheers!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Chip said...

What a beautiful picture - so valentiney!! I'm sure it was also delicious. Such a way to spend an evening, bubbly and all. nan

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails