Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Fried Wild Rice - Feb 8, 2010


Fried Wild Rice with Tofu, Egg, Bean Sprouts and Thai Basil

This was fun to make. I found the basic recipe here, and changed it slightly to fit my requirements. Nick and I made a run to the New Orient Market here in Minneapolis over the weekend to restock some of our Thai ingredients. The friendly proprietor threw in a big bag of mung bean sprouts 'on the house.' Since these tend to go bad quickly, I wanted to use them up as soon as possible and thus they found a home in this dish. I also added some Thai basil on top for color and flavor. We hadn't made use of wild rice all season until this meal. What a shame, as it's so tasty and produced mainly in Northern Minnesota, so extremely local. I have a feeling it'll be showing up a bit more frequently now that it's back on my radar.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

j.j. said...

You have such a knack for summarizing what you did in a few eloquently written sentences...and also for coming up with some damn-fine lookin' food!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails