Friday, February 19, 2010

Nanaimo Bars - Feb 19, 2010


Nanaimo Bars

Happy Friday everyone! It's been awhile since I've posted a Friday dessert. But, as I am in a bit of a celebratory mood, I thought I'd post something sweet. As a (self-proclaimed) bar connoisseur, I was surprised when Greg brought some of these with him during a work visit last year and I had never heard of them. They are currently making the blog rounds due to the Vancouver Olympic Games, as they are named after the city of Nanaimo, BC. So, I snagged this State-side friendly recipe here and made up a batch yesterday. I had to substitute some Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Mint UFO's since I didn't have enough unflavored chocolate to make the ganache, but I think it makes them quite tasty. And, according to the comments after the recipe, apparently some Canadians add mint flavo(u)r to the middle section anyway, so I don't feel as though I've ruined a classic.


Gratuitous Close-Up of Nanaimo Bars

This made a huge batch so I have plans to share as many as possible and freeze some for later.

Have a great weekend!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

j.j. said...

yum. the close up made my mouth water!

Fay Campbell said...

This could be life changing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails