Monday, February 08, 2010

Superbowl Sunday - Feb 7, 2010


Superbowl Highlights

I'll admit, I'm feeling a little sad now that the football season is officially over. Nick and I did, however, manage to celebrate the end in delicious fashion yesterday. I made a batch of thyme pink peppercorn sodas from February 2010's Bon Appetit to drink during the game. For some reason this recipe is not up on epicurious right now, or I would link to it. I really liked these and they will be going into my permanent homemade soda rotation.

Also, we made hot wings. Food and Wine had a spread of seven different variations and we narrowed it down to two, sweet and sticky wings and ginger honey wings. Both were excellent.

And, at half time, we whipped up a quick batch of fried Halloumi cheese topped with a dash of fresh lemon juice. It's the Mediterranean version of fried cheese curds. They even squeak! The only thing that could have improved upon the day was having the Steelers win, although that would have been very difficult since they weren't actually playing in this year's Superbowl.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Fay Campbell said...

Wow! I'm humbled. I want to come to your house and eat.

j.j. said...

good eats for sure! we ended up making the Old Bay Wings, but with Penzey's New World Seasoning...hmmm. they were good though! I think the superbowl party would have been more fun celebrating with you guys. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails