Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Warm Cabbage Salad - Feb 22, 2010


Warm Cabbage Salad with Currants and Sunflower Seeds over Creamy Polenta

I was having some trouble with dinner inspiration last night. I had cabbage and cauliflower in the fridge and wanted to do something using one of them. I finally settled on this recipe, using currants instead of golden raisins and omitting the feta, due to not having any around. After briefly contemplating spaetzle to accompany the cabbage, I made polenta instead. I think spaetzle would have been tastier, but the polenta was simpler and served the same purpose. The salad itself was quite good with the tangy vinegar complimenting the sweet currants and sugar-glazed sunflower seeds nicely. I'm sure the cauliflower will show up sometime soon, perhaps tonight...
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails