Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Bengali Cauliflower Curry - Feb 23, 2010


Bengali Cauliflower Curry

Last night it was cauliflower's turn. After my class on 'Breads of India' and an Indian meal at a friend's place this weekend, I've been craving more. This recipe is from The Complete Book of Indian Cooking by Suneeta Vaswani. After paging through and marking several recipes to try at a later date, once I've stocked up on some needed ingredients, I found this one that utilized items I already had on hand. Unfortunately, it fell well short of my expectations. It just was not flavorful enough for me, even though the spices included some of my favorites, cumin, coriander, fresh ginger, cayenne, tumeric, cinnamon and cloves. I think next time I will pan roast the cauliflower and potatoes with some of the spices as well as letting them simmer together to double up on the flavor. I think I just need more practice with this delicious cuisine.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails