Monday, August 01, 2011

Jaime's CSA Delivery #6 & Okra Fritters - July 28, 2011

I failed to take a picture of the 6th bag of delicious produce, in part because I was pressed for time but also because I was totally bummed that I couldn't eat some of the yummiest looking stuff in it, due to my possible food allergies. Just 12 more days (no, I'm not counting!) on the total elimination diet and then I can start adding back in the potential offenders and see what happens. So far, the jury is out. I seem to have had fewer incidences of swelling and the ones I have had have gone away more quickly, though that could be because I'm being more agressive about treating them immediately with ice and rest when possible. Anyway, I'm keeping an open mind!

The things I couldn't eat this week were: three kinds of tomatoes (which I shared with the appreciative neighbors), sugar dot sweet corn (Richie ate one ear, the rest I cut off the cob and froze), and a couple kinds of summer squash (I'm saving these for the add-in phase of the elimination diet).

We also got okra, bell peppers, hot peppers, cucumbers, an Italian zebra eggplant, and some scary looking black radishes. Our own patio garden is also producing cucumbers at a fast and furious rate. I foresee more refrigerator pickles and cucumber drinks in our future!

I'm not a huge fan of okra and I struggled to find an application for it that didn't use tomatoes or corn. I eventually settled on an okra fritter recipe from Martha Stewart.


These were OK, but I'm still not an okra fan.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails