Thursday, August 18, 2011

Jaime's CSA Delivery #8 - August 18, 2011


Today's bag was really heavy! The note from the farm said that the harsh weather this summer (very hot, not much rain) has been tough on the crops, but that they are pleased with the harvest so far. Clockwise from lower left: watermelon, basil, four different kinds of tomatoes, okra, peaches, sweet corn, and yukon gold potatoes.

I finished my three week allergy elimination trial last week and am now adding back in the suspect foods one by one. So far, I am unconvinced. The symptoms got somewhat but not completely better while I was avoiding all of them, which makes me suspect that it has nothing to do with food but is just coincidence. I'm seeking a second opinion and have an appointment scheduled next month. In the mean time, I'm continuing on the plan and keeping track of what happens. This past week I started eating potatoes again and am going to start corn this weekend. It will be at least another week before I start tomatoes, so I offered these beauties to a neighbor who I know will appreciate them.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails