Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Fresh Basil, Onion and Feta Pizza - Aug 3, 2011



Friday night was pizza night here at Chez Jess and Nick. Since I had grabbed some fresh basil out of the choice box at our CSA delivery site, I thought I would put it to good use. I made up a batch of pizza dough and we decided to use onions and feta in addition to the basil to top our pie. It was simple but quite tasty. We used our favorite cast iron skillet method, which involves heating an empty cast iron skillet on the stove for 10 minutes, sliding the pizza in it, and then popping the whole thing under the broiler for about 2 minutes. It turns out great every time.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Sounds delicious, and allergen free! I had a tasty pizza at the Mellow Mushroom in Raleigh yesterday called the philosopher's pie. It was oil and garlic base with steak, artichokes, olives, mushrooms, mozzarella, and feta. We never make pizza at home but I think it is time we tried!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails