Friday, December 10, 2010

Sweet Potato Blue Cheese Gratin - Dec 10, 2010


Sweet Potato Blue Cheese Gratin with Pepper Toast

We have approximately one metric shit ton of sweet potatoes in our 'root cellar' due to a hugely abundant crop from our CSA this year. In an effort to work my way through some of them, I made this meal a few nights ago. It was completely inspired by this recipe that Rima made for Thanksgiving last year, but of course I changed nearly everything, starting with swapping out the butternut squash for sweet potatoes. The leeks also found themselves replaced by a combination of onions and shallots, and chevre got the boot in favor of blue cheese. I decided the hazelnuts could stay. Despite all these modifications, this dish turned out just as rich and delicious as the original, and worked great for an entree along with some pepper toast on the side.

*I don't know if you peeps can tell, but I'm having fun editing photos in a little something called 'picnik' which seems to have appeared in picasa after a recent update. This photo got the winterization treatment. I will try to use my new editing tool sparingly and refrain from putting santa hats on top of everything/making everything look like a polaroid. No promises, however.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails