Friday, December 10, 2010

Adobo Rice with Tomato and Poached Egg - Dec 10, 2010


Brown Rice with Adobo Sauce, Tomatoes and Poached Egg

Can you tell that I'm getting my cooking juju back? This was a little bowl of goodness that came together somewhat intuitively, if you will permit me. I mixed a minced chipotle pepper and some adobo sauce into brown basmati rice. To this I added fresh thyme, chopped peanuts, pickled onions, a poached egg, and the last of our garden tomatoes, which took it's sweet time ripening on my window sill. It would have been better with some cilantro and black beans, but I didn't have any. Despite this, it was pretty tasty and satisfying.

Minneapolis is set for a huge winter storm, with 6 to 10 inches of snow predicted for tonight and tomorrow, followed by some truly frigid temperatures throughout the weekend. I ran all my errands today, along with half the city it seemed, and am prepared for a weekend spent home bound. The pantry is stocked and I am planning some quality time in the kitchen. Happy weekend to you all. Be safe and stay warm!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails