Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Chevre and Dried Fruit Spread - Dec 29, 2010


Chevre with Dried Fruits, Walnuts, and Orange Infused Olive Oil

I totally copied this from the Cheese Shop at France 44. They sell a house made version of this and it's soo good. We had a little holiday shin-dig to attend and I wanted to bring a little something and thought this was just the ticket. It couldn't be easier and it was a crowd pleaser, if I do say so myself. If you want to make this yourself just put some chevre cheese in a bowl, top it with assorted dried fruit ( I used cranberries, currants, and dates) and nuts (optional...I used walnuts), drizzle some olive oil over the top (orange infused is particularly good methinks) and a dash of salt and pepper to taste. Adjust the proportions to your liking and serve with some good quality crackers or baguette. And, of course, if you live in the Minneapolis (or St. Paul) area and want to try the real deal, stop by France 44 and buy some for yourself. You won't regret it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails