Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Pan Roasted Cauliflower and Sunchokes - Dec 29, 2010


Pan Roasted Cauliflower and Sunchokes with Rosemary and Orange Zest

This was delicious. I used Heidi Swanson's method for cooking the cauliflower but took some liberties with the recipe. Namely, I added sunchokes into the mix. Sunchokes are so amazingly good. I love them to death, and they are in the co-ops now, Dinner Clubbers. Go get yourselves some! I also used fresh, chopped rosemary (a sprig of which arrived in our Christmas box from Portland...thanks Nat!) instead of chives, which are hard to come by these days in Minnesota. Similarly, the lemon zest got replaced by orange zest (I cannot get enough of the orange/rosemary flavor combo lately) and I drizzled with orange infused olive oil. It's hard to tell from the picture, but we finished this dish with some of our fancy new Black Diamond salt, also from Portland. Nick and I both gobbled this right up.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails