Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Culinary Christmas Gifts - Dec 29, 2010


Fancy Finishing Salts

Whew! Sorry for my absence over the holidays Dinner Clubbers. I hope you have all been enjoying time with family and friends, eating good food, and drinking seasonal cocktails. That's what we've been doing around here, hence I've been shamelessly ignoring our little blog. To get myself back into the swing of things, I thought I'd share some of the fun cooking related gifts we received this year. To start with, Natalie and Jamie sent us some interesting and delicious finishing salts from The Meadow in Portland.* We've used some of the Black Diamond already and I love the smokiness it adds.


Culinaria Spain

My thoughtful in-laws got me this coveted 'Culinaria Spain' book. Nick checked out this cultural cuisine book from the library a few months back and I read every page, squealing in delight as I realized how many of my favorite foods are Spanish in origin. It's packed with fun facts, history and recipes organized by geographic region. I decided that I had to have it for our permanent collection (along with Culinaria France and Germany). I love it!


'The How Not to Cookbook'

And, Greg and JJ sent us this hilarious book that had me laughing out loud. Each page has kitchen advice from random contributors, some of which is completely conflicting and most of which is thoroughly entertaining. I picked out a particularly seasonal bit of advice to share with you above. Along with the book, G and JJ sent us some lovely Wisconsin treats, most of which we have consumed already.

As you can see, Nick and I really raked it in this year, and I hope you all were equally lucky.

* I love that little shop! We also received some fancy orange bitters in our Portland box, which The Meadow carries in addition to salt, chocolate, and fresh flowers...how dreamy is that? Stay tuned for a cocktail recipe that makes use of them (the bitters, that is).
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails