Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Blueberry Bread Pudding - Dec 29, 2010


Blueberry-Thyme Bread Pudding with Vanilla Ice Cream

In preparation for cooking and hosting over the holidays, I made a few big trips to various grocery stores and co-ops. This meant that I had to find space to store all of the food I purchased. Which, in turn, meant I had to clean out the fridge and freezer. One thing that was taking up way too much room in the latter was a bag of hot dog buns leftover from a cookout this summer. Also, I have a lot of fruit picked over the summer sitting, frozen on the shelves. I decided to make use of both of them in this bread pudding. I combined a few different recipes to get my ratios right and ended up with what you see above. We topped it with some homemade vanilla ice cream, which, incidentally, made even more room in the freezer. I probably wouldn't recommend hot dog buns for a bread pudding generally speaking, but this was an efficient use of resources and was pretty tasty to boot.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails