Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Chicken Tostadas with Refried Beans and Grilled Fennel - Dec 29, 2010


Coriander Chicken Tostadas with Refried Beans and Grilled Fennel

We made this last night and it was a bit finicky for a weeknight dinner even though I already had the chicken cooked. The recipe is from January 2011's Bon Appetit. Despite the fact that preparing it stressed me out a bit, it was tasty. I particularly liked the grilled fennel and thought it a nice addition to the plate. The refried beans had chipotle chili with adobo in them so they were nicely spicy and smokey. I cheated and used some pre-cooked chicken I had on hand, dusting it with coriander and warming it in a saute pan on the stove top. The lime juice makes the dish, I think. Make sure you have some limes on hand.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails