Saturday, July 31, 2010

Root Beer Bundt Cake - July 31, 2010


Chocolate Root Beer Bundt Cake with Cinnamon Ice Cream and Raspberry Sorbet

The Friday dessert is a day late, but it took a little longer to make than I anticipated. I found the recipe here and had it saved for awhile. Yesterday it was time to pull out the Fiesta Party Pan and give it a try. It is super delicious with a rich chocolate-y flavor and a lovely moistness, which I attribute to the root beer. I skipped the frosting because the Fiesta Party Pan leaves such a pretty design that it's a shame to cover it up. Also, we had several odds and ends of frozen treats that I thought we could utilize for garnish. The cinnamon ice cream, I'm embarrassed to say, is left over from a batch I made during the holidays. The raspberry sorbet (which must always be sung to the melody of Prince's "Raspberry Beret" in my head) is leftover from a little cookout we had on Monday evening. Together they made such an excellent accompaniment that the frosting wasn't even missed. Happy weekend everyone!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails