Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Grilled Margherita Pizza - July 21, 2010


Pizza on the Grill, Served with Arugula Salad and Grilled Corn

We made our first grilled pizza this week! Summer is the perfect time for pizza, what with all the fresh veggies and herbs available to toss on, but unfortunately a 500 deg oven is usually very unwelcome this time of year. I had considered the idea of grilling pizza, but dismissed it as impossible for us due to my preference for a very thin crust. The answer was so simple, I can't believe I didn't think of it myself. The Kitchn posted a how-to and in the comment section I read about using aluminum foil under the crust. Genius! It worked great. We chose a simple margherita pizza for our first attempt along with some yummy grilled corn we purchased at the Kingfield Farmers' Market this week, and the traditional arugula salad. We will tweak the temperature and time on the grill over the next weeks until we get it just how we like it. I'm sure it will be an enjoyable task.

Matt and Nikki arrive in minutes, so mini Dinner Club reunion is about to ensue!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails