Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Potato Salad - July 20, 2010


Potato Salad with Green Beans and Salsa Verde

Another August 2010 Food & Wine recipe perfect for the veggies we got in our Harmony Valley box! This was another marked as a staff favorite and I didn't have to change much of anything to fit our pantry parameters. I used the Norland potatoes we received from the farm instead of the Yukon Gold called for in the recipe. A quick scrub under running water rather than peeling, and they were a great stand-in. Peels stay on when I know it's an organic veggie, since so many nutrients are found in the skin, or just below. Also, in a subtle but colorful change, I used a combination of green and yellow beans instead of plain old green. Suggested garnish included chive blossoms, but we are done with those for the year, so parsley blossoms performed the necessary role.

This was a light and flavorful salad, not at all like traditional potato salads (which despite my hardy German heritage, I do not enjoy). I think this same combination would be tasty with a mustard vinaigrette (instead of the salsa verde) as well.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails