Friday, July 09, 2010

Baked Callaloo II - July 8, 2010


Jamaican Callaloo

This was our favorite amaranth recipe from last year. I had to repeat it, and this time my sister got to try it as well. The original recipe can be found here. Like last year, I made some additions, including the all important coconut, about one cup, unsweetened. A teaspoon of dried thyme and two cloves of fresh garlic, crushed, also went in. The cheese I used was Pecorino-Romano, which is flavorful, but doesn't hold the dish together. If you like things to be more cohesive, use a melt-y cheese like mozzarella or sharp cheddar. We all concurred that next time, I should throw the diced onion into the pan with the bacon to soften the flavor a bit.

Thanks for sticking with me through a spotty week of blogging, Dinner Clubbers. My sister returns home today (tear) and my schedule will return to normal weeknight cooking next week. Until then, have a great weekend!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails