Friday, July 16, 2010

Blueberry Thyme Buckle - July 16, 2010


Blueberry Thyme Crumble with Cherry Pit Ice Cream

Here is dessert number two for the week. We bought a pint of blueberries at the Kingfield Farmers' Market last Sunday and this is how we used them. The recipe is from my Better Homes and Gardens New Baking Book and it's for a standard blueberry buckle. I changed it up a bit by using half whole wheat pastry flour and adding a teaspoon of dried thyme to the crust. I also tossed in some fresh thyme amongst the blueberries in the fruit topping. For some reason I've really been digging the combination of fresh fruit and fresh herbs lately. I think this would also be good with sage or rosemary. Additionally, the whole wheat in the crust makes for a rustic crumb that I really enjoy.



And, of course, we served it up with dollops of freshly churned cherry pit ice cream on the side. Hard to beat! I hope you all have great weekends. Next week will be an exciting one here at Dinner Club. We've got Dinner Club guests visiting, plus another Dinner Club birthday, so there will be lots to celebrate.

Cheers!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails