Thursday, July 29, 2010

Veggie Delivery - July 29, 2010


New Veggies

I just picked up our latest CSA share. Veggie highlights include golden beets with greens; green beans; tomatoes; fennel fronds; yellow beans; carrots with green tops; celery; sweet corn; peppers; and fennel bulbs. We are having the tomatoes tonight with some fresh mozzarella and homemade pesto. The fennel will probably go into a salad of some sort. Beans will most likely be prepared simply as a side dish, or maybe tossed in a fun salad. I may make some sort of corn salsa with our fresh sweet corn, perhaps paired with a bunch of chopped peppers since, in addition to those we got today in the box, I also have some from last weekend's farmers' market. I need to look for inspiration for the beets, carrots and celery. I am hoping to spend lots of time in the kitchen over the next few days, so hopefully I will have plenty to share with you dinner clubbers.

As always, a big thank you goes out to the HVF crew, as well as our delivery site coordinators. It wouldn't be summer in the kitchen without you all!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails