Monday, July 26, 2010

Blueberry-Sage Cornmeal Scones - July 23, 2010


Blueberry Sage Cornmeal Scones

This was meant for the Friday dessert post but I ran into technical issues and out of time. But, better late than never! I went and picked nine pounds of blueberries early last week. Most I froze, but I reserved a few for these scones. They were a perfect quick breakfast over the weekend while Matt and Nikki were visiting. I found the recipe in my Better Homes and Gardens New Baking Book and modified it only slightly with the addition of some fresh, chopped sage from the yard. A similar recipe can be found here for reference. They were super tasty with a great, moist crumb. Not overly sweet, they were a perfect accompaniment to our morning coffee.


Freshly Picked Blueberries

We had a great time catching up with some original Dinner Clubbers and can't wait for our next reunion!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails