Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Swiss Chard Tart - Oct 12, 2009


Swiss Chard, Parmesan, and Pinenut Tart

I had been planning on making soup all day on Monday, probably because I was craving something warm and comforting after watching it snow all day long. But, for some reason, I just couldn't get excited about the soup possibilities I was considering. For inspiration, I pulled out our trusty 'Asparagus to Zucchini' and found this recipe for Swiss Chard Pie. I don't own a pie pan (yet, but I'm keeping my eye out for the perfect one at the thrift store), so I changed this recipe slightly by making it in a tart pan (of which I have two sizes, go figure!). Anyway, it was warm and comforting, and exciting with the brightly colored chard stems chopped up and mixed in.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails