Thursday, October 22, 2009

Cashew Chicken - Oct 21, 2009


Cashew Chicken with Broccoli over Brown Rice

Flipping through 'Asparagus to Zucchini' over the weekend, I came across a recipe for a Broccoli Tofu Peanut Madness that inspired last night's meal. I wanted to use up our broccoli and I had half of a giant onion sitting in the fridge. Instead of tofu I used up a bone-in, skin-on chicken breast that was in the freezer. I omitted the peanut butter for the sauce that the recipe called for, instead mixing tamari, lemon juice and chopped shallots with some cumin and cayenne. It was really tasty, despite the lack of MSG, and I think that was because I sauteed the onions and broccoli in the fat rendered from the chicken. The cashews didn't hurt either.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails