Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Homemade Butter - Oct 20, 2009


Fresh Homemade Butter

I read about making butter at home last week at the Kitchn. This idea intrigued me and I immediately wanted to give it a try. Plus, I had picked up a butter bell at the thrift store recently, and I thought this would be the perfect thing to fill it.


Cream and Butter Bell

I picked up some local, organic cream from the pasture-fed cows at Cedar Summit Farm, along with some sour cream at the co-op,



put it in my food processor, turned it on, and two minutes later had fresh butter!


Buttermilk

And, as an added bonus, fresh buttermilk is the by-product.

It really is that easy. It tastes so good spread on some whole wheat sourdough toast!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Natalie Schaefer said...

you are too crafty! looks buttery delicious!

j.j. said...

fun! glad to see it turned out so well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails