Friday, October 09, 2009

Apple Crumble - Oct 8, 2009


Apple Raspberry Crumble

My parents dropped off some apples that my Aunt gave them from her trees. They weren't sure what kind of apples, but my Aunt told them they were good for baking. That was all the encouragement I needed. I found a recipe that I liked here, and tossed in a handful of my freshly picked raspberries and some fresh, minced ginger for a little heat. The crumble stayed good and crumbly for two days and then started to loose the battle against the fruit and turn soggy. I'm pretty picky about that, so it was good that I cut the recipe in half. Nick and I were able to consume the majority of it before sogginess ensued. It was perfect served with some homemade plain yogurt for a creamy accompaniment.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails