Monday, October 05, 2009

Pastas with Cruciforms - Oct 1-3, 2009


Cauliflower with Parmesan and Poached Egg over Fusilli


Romanesco Cauliflower over Manchego Bechamel Fusilli


Broccoli and Sweet Italian Sausage with Fusilli and Chevre

We've switched gears from Thai food to pasta and assorted cruciforms at our house. Rather than spend the whole week on them, I thought I'd tell you about three variations today. The first dish with the egg was a bachelorette night dinner (Nick was out) that I whipped up and ate on the couch while watching TV. The second was my attempt at a manchego cheese sauce to accompany our fun Romanesco cauliflower, which looked charmingly like little trees from a troll forest when chopped up. The third used up our broccoli with the sausage as a tasty addition. For all, I sauteed the cauliflower or broccoli in olive oil and mixed in a little minced garlic at the end. Quick and tasty.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails