Friday, June 17, 2011

Jaime's CSA Delivery #3 - June 16, 2011

The solstice might still be a few days off, but summer is definitely arrived in Virginia as evidenced by the items in my CSA share this week!

The bag this week included the usual free range eggs, another bunch of beets, some more spring onions, zucchini and yellow squash, green peppers, one head of cabbage, radishes, cucumbers, white potatoes, a couple sprigs of sage, and some unbelievably massive blackberries. It is hard to see them in the photograph, so I took an additional picture of one in my hand for scale.

I already ate a few of the blackberries, and I cooked up an egg and some of the smaller potatoes as part of breakfast this morning. The next two weeks are going to be as busy as the last two weeks were, so it will be a challenge to put all this to good use without it going to waste.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails