Monday, April 18, 2011

Spring Rice Bowl - April 18, 2011

Rice with Broccoli, Kale, Scallions and Peas






















For this dish Nick and I used the leftover rice from our Hainanese chicken dinner from a few nights ago.  We didn't have enough rice to make up two whole meals, however, so I had to bulk it up a bit.  I pan roasted some broccoli florets and kale, warmed some petite peas from the freezer, chopped up a scallion or two and mixed everything in with the reheated rice.  To top off the bowls, I added some Pecorino-Romano cheese.  The result was a very tasty bowl full of spring flavors.  Even if the weather chooses not to cooperate (I am talking about the 3-4 inches of snow forcasted for Tuesday), we can at least pretend it's spring in the kitchen.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails