Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Curried Soba Noodle Stir Fry - April 6, 2011

Curried Soba Noodles with Stir-Fried Broccoli and Cauliflower




















I found inspiration for this meal here, and changed things up a bit to acommodate my pantry holdings. The curry sauce was quite flavorful and dressed up the noodles and veggies nicely. In fact, I think one could make that curry sauce and use it in many different recipes with good results.  The only thing I would change would be to cut the sugar down a bit as I found it to be a hint too sweet.  I used soba noodles instead of udon, but I will not make that switch again. I dislike how mushy soba noodles become, even when undercooked. Also, I used extra broccoli and cauliflower to make up for the items I didn't have on hand, like peppers and seitan (or as we like to call it here in Minnesota, 'mock duck.'  Seitan just sounds a little too not nice). I added some cashews for flavor and protein. The end result was tasty and fun.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails