Friday, April 08, 2011

Meyer Lemon Curd with Scones - April 8, 2011




















The other day when I was at the Co-op I picked up some Meyer lemons on deep discount. I decided that I wanted to try my hand at making lemon curd after seeing it pop up here and there on some of the blogs I like to read. I searched around for a recipe and finally decided on this one. It was pleasantly simple to make and left me with a delicious light yellow cream. Success! Now what to use as the vessel with which to consume this sunny treat?





















I decided that some rosemary-orange scented scones would be perfect and I made a batch over the weekend. I used my Better Homes and Gardens Baking Book to find a recipe and ended up modifying one of their savory scone recipes so that I could use my ingredients of choice. My thought was that the lemon curd was so sweet that the scones should be neutral in flavor, so I didn't want to use a sweet scone recipe. In retrospect, these could have benefited from a little sugar, but to compensate, we just used more curd. Yum. Fun side-note...the rosemary was pirated from a friend's front yard while I was in Portland at the end of January and it has kept in my fridge really well.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails