Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Chicken Milanese with arugula salad - April 19, 2011


I know that our dinner club homeland of Madison, Wisconsin got blanketed in snow this week, but we are well into spring here in northern Virginia and DC. Yesterday morning I realized that we could definitely start eating some of the leafy greens in our container garden, so I shuffled my menu plans for the week and decided to try "chicken Milanese with arugula salad" from the Everyday Food cookbook that has been so successful for us lately. I didn't have any red onion around, so I thinly sliced a shallot instead. The salad was delicious of course, but the chicken was just there. Needed to be marinated (or maybe fried?) to give it a kick.

2 comments:

Jess said...

I am so jealous thinking of your home-grown greens while I watch snow falling outside! Eat some extra for me.

Jaime said...

I am so sorry you have snow! I do not miss spring snow storms at all. In fact, every year I dislike snow and cold even more. If I didn't also really dislike hot weather in the summer, we'd probably move to the deep south. Where is it perpetually spring? That is where I want to live!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails